Who are Portman?
Portman was established in 2007 to provide UK businesses with access to a range of finance options under one roof. We have now arranged over £1billion in funding for over 15,000 companies.
Portman secure finance for companies of all sizes via our own lending and panel of over 45 partners. We help businesses unlock their potential and owners realise their ambitions by securing the funds they need to grow.
Who are we looking for?
Aimed at veterans leaving the forces in the near future or who have been out for some time, we are looking for:
- Tri-Service veterans and transitioning service leavers.
- University and/or Officer Training Academy graduates.
- Candidates willing to learn new skills from the ground up.
- Leadership potential.
- Articulate and confident individuals.
- Those who are motivated to succeed and recognise the earning potential this opportunity provides.
What’s the role?
Our bespoke Veterans Fast-Track Programme has been created to recognise the unique skill set of our service veterans. It has been specifically designed to leverage your military experience to enable a rapid and successful transition into a fast paced, dynamic commercial finance brokerage career.
An office-based role, you’ll collaborate with and learn from senior colleagues, learning about finance and discussing opportunities with companies that you find or those that enquire. Learn how to unlock potential within a business and develop creative solutions to help customers meet their goals. Build and manage your own portfolio of customers, develop sector and industry expertise and be the contact your customers turn to when they need funding.
You’ll have the potential to progress from Commercial Broker to Executive Broker with a team in 2 years.
What are the benefits?
- A genuine meritocracy where your financial reward matches your achievements.
- Competitive basic salary, plus commission.
- Progression of earnings over time with genuine 6-figure potential in year 1.
- Work towards recognised industry qualifications.
- Potential to build and run your own team in the future.
- 33 days leave including bank holidays.
- Working from our prestigious Northampton head office Monday – Friday 8:30 – 5:30.
- No weekend working.
Enquire about our veterans ‘Advance One’ open days for a look at life inside Portman
- Spend an afternoon getting to understand our business and how the role works.
- Come and assess how you feel about the opportunity and let us advise on your suitability for the role.
- Listen to industry and company-specific insights from the directors and existing employees.
- Show us your credentials in an informal setting, starting with small seminars and culminating in a less formal dinner.
- 3 times a year: March, July and September.
Send us your CV using the form below and qualified candidates will be invited to attend.
We’d love to hear from you
"*" indicates required fields